Monday, November 30, 2009
4. flattering even when extremely bloated
1. bathroom breaks
[my $15 jumpsuit from Target]
[how I accessorized my bargain buy]
currently drooling over:
[Rachel Pally - shopbop]
[Rachel Pally - shopbop]
Thursday, November 26, 2009
- my husband - without him I would not be Mrs. Cool Man
- my parents - two of the strongest individuals I know
- my brother and sister-in-law - thanks for bringing Baylee into this world
- the opportunity to be auntie lex to Baylee, Elijah, Benny, Sean, Sam and Shyenne. It was one of my callings in life to be a cool aunt!
- my auntie Keri - an amazing person I idolize
- my best friend Lacey - a uber cool mom who is strong in all the areas I'm not so it makes us a perfect fit
- my besties in Miami - two people who can always bring a smile to my face
- my doggies - Jade and Zoey
- my mother-in-law a.k.a. monster - I'm lucky to have a good one
- my office buddies and co-workers - a unique mix of women who teach me something new everyday
- to everyone else, you know who you are
(okay now it's time to get serious)
- the recent realization I want to be a writer
- shoes - all shoes in general. thanks for looking pretty on my feet!
- the person who decided to bring jumpsuits back in style- i love them and you!
- Chai Tea for waking me up every morning
- Stephenie Meyer for the opportunity to fall in love with Edward
- creative expression
- the 60's and 70's
- and finally I'm thankful for the turkey in my fridge who was going about its daily life all happy until one day someone chopped its head off. Thanks for sacrificing your life to fill my stomach!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Sass and Bide Cracker Jacs Pants
Here's a little Sass and Bide history:
Sarah-Jane Clarke (a.k.a. Sass) and Heidi Middleton (a.k.a. Bide) first met in 1992.
The duo started the sass & bide label in 1999, following a stint in London. The name "sass & bide" was born by combining both of their nicknames.
In February of 2002 sass & bide had their first international show during London's Fashion Week where the collection "Thumbelina" was launched.
sass & bide went on to be the first Australian designers to be invited to show on schedule at New York Fashion Week where they have shown for 8 consecutive seasons.
The label launched their diffusion SS08 collection, 'S&B VIE by sass & bide' in 2008 at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week and have just returned from the SS10 shows at London Fashion Week where they showed their 'FUTUREGRAND' collection. The show was their first in London in 7 years.
sass & bide currently have 9 stores: three in Sydney, four in Melbourne, one in Adelaide, and one in Brisbane with talk of a London store to open in 2010.
picture: shop bop history: wilkipedia
I'm working on collecting an eclectic mix of artwork similar to the display in this apartment.
I've recently found some great pieces when I get them placed I'll post some photos!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Me: Wish you were here. Headed downtown to thrift shop. Want to eat at Cafe Moderne but I'm by myself
H: Aww sad...We got up early and surfed this morning. Just finished eating at Big Pink. Wish you were here!!!
pretty sure H's day trumped mine day considering it's November in Kansas, you can't surf in Kansas and you can't eat at Big Pink on South Beach in Kansas...
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
I am sitting at the red light, willing it to turn green (does anyone else think they have this magic power) when I notice the guy in the car in front of me jammin' out. He is bobbing his head and throwing his hands up, really getting down. I then notice a cop turning in front of us onto the same street where we are stopped at the light. The guy in front of me must have noticed the cop too. Because as the cop passes by, the guy continues to look forward and bob his head but raises his hand and to the beat of the music flips off the cop.
Monday, November 2, 2009
i was excited to hand out candy to all the neighborhood kids but our doorbell only rang a handful of times so i was disappointed in the turn out. the kids that did ring bell received a hefty handful!
eric and i decided it would be a good night for scary movies, popcorn and some hot chocolate. after surfing the Netflix site, we settled on "the haunting of Molly Hartley" and some wierd alien movie with one of the guys from October Road. Does anyone remember that tv series?